The Platial Analysis Lab is a research group based out of McGill University at the intersection of urban informatics, behavioural geography, and information science. As the name suggests, the Platial Analysis Lab pulls apart the concept of place, taking a data-driven and behavioural approach to understanding the dimensions that contribute to how we understand and explain the world around us.
The research themes of our members range considerably, but current efforts focus on:
• Urban and spatial data science
• Human mobility and activity patterns
• Location privacy and security
• Analytical and behavioural geographic science
• Neighbourhood and vague regional boundary delineation
• Geographic knowledge representation
For all Lab related inquiries please contact Professor Grant McKenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Platial Analysis Lab is supported through funding from the following sources.